3 day online teacher training with Cocoon Coaching Solutions
This three-day course is designed for those who wish to teach mindfulness to students from 11-18yrs.
Mindfulness, at its most basic level helps us draw attention to what is actually happening in our lives, rather than worry about what has happened or might happen. In this training, we learn the value of curiosity and how to bring this quality to whatever we experience in everyday life.
This Mindfulness Now Training method is approved by The British Psychological Society and includes specialist tuition in mindfulness approaches, which integrate key elements of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). Both are evidence based, and the latter is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
DAY 1: LEARNING MINDFULNESS
- History of mindfulness and mindfulness meditation
- Cautions, safeguards and contra-indications
- The Magic of Mindfulness – autopilot v’s awareness
- Attitudinal Basis (7 Attitudes – Kabat-Zinn)
DAY 2: PRACTICING MINDFULNESS
- How to conduct mindfulness meditation sessions – seated, lying and movement based
- 3 stage breathing space (hourglass)
- Body Scan
- Breath and body awareness
- Mindfulness in Schools – planning and adaptability, the power of single tasking, resourcefulness under pressure, social media & self-esteem shield
DAY 3: TEACHING MINDFULNESS
- Mindfulness teaching techniques and methodologies
- Developing the teacher’s own mindfulness practice
- Stress Reduction – the MBSR approaches
- Cognitive behavioural approaches – the MBCT approaches
- Mindfulness games