Online Yin Yoga & Chinese Meridians
Join Annie Au on a virtual training this year for a 50hr or 100hr Yoga Alliance Teacher Training
PART I 50hr Yin Yoga & Meridians Training
- Daily practice of yin yoga, Qi Gong, pranayama & meditation
- Study the theory of yin yoga based in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- The Fundamentals of TCM
- Learn all of the 12 regular meridians
- Intro to the 8 extraordinary meridians
- Discover up to 25 of the most acupressures points and learn how to use them for common issues, injuries, and flexibility
- TCM & Yogic Diet for better physical and emotional health & weight management
- Yoga philosophy & the 8 Limbs Path
- The Art of Deep relaxation
- Postural clinic
- Purposeful sequencing
- Ethics of yoga teaching
- 8-11am: Morning yin yoga, meditation & Qi Gong practice
- 11-1:30pm: TCM & Meridians Lecture
- 1:30-2:30pm: Lunch
- 2:30-4pm: Postural clinic
- 4-5pm: Second practice or practice teaching
PART II 50hr Yin Yoga & Meridians Training
In this virtual course:
- You will cultivate safe, open, supportive, and meaningful communities.
- You will learn how to apply the meridians theory, yoga philosophy, and yin yoga poses to compose meaningful classes.
- You will gain new knowledge and add to your class sequence including dynamic transitions, yoga nidra, and storytelling.
- You will have a chance to practice teach with each other and receive feedback from Annie and your peers.
- You will learn how to integrate and formulate your own teaching philosophy.
- You will have homework assignment, which will be explained to you on Day 1.
- You will receive a PDF manual and additional links to support your learning
- Upon completion of the homework assignment, you will receive an electronic certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance
Schedule: ( UAE TIMEZONE)
- 9-11am: Yin yoga, Qi Gong, pranayama
- 11-11:30am: Breakfast break
- 11:30-1pm: Lecture
- 1-2pm: Lunch break
- 2-3:30pm: Workshops, lectures, discussion
- 3:30-4pm: Yoga Nidra, meditation
If you wish to better your life, minimize body pains, expand your limiting beliefs, and cultivate peace, this training is designed for you!
Yin yoga is suitable for people from all walks of life; it is a personal growth and revitalizing practice. You don’t have to be a 200hr yoga instructor or have vast experiences in yoga to receive the benefits from this program. The yin practice with the application of the meridians system will help remove any mental stresses, internal organ distresses, and chronic/acute physical pain. It’s a program for anyone who wants to bring harmony to their everyday life.
The world is going at a rapid speed and more people than ever need the tranquility that yin yoga offers. Yoga instructors who can teach yin yoga in addition to their existing classes can help better the lives of their students even more. Also, studios are seeking teachers who can also teach yin yoga as they see a tremendous demand from their clients.
Upon completion, you will receive a 50hr or 100hr (Level 1&2) Yoga Alliance US accredited certificate. This is a certificate for Continued Education Credits (CEU). You must attend all of the hours to receive the certificate.
PART 1: Minimum 3-6 months of yoga experience is required. You must have attended yin yoga classes in the past and show a deep interest in learning about Yin Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
PART 2: Registered students must have attended the part I course with Annie Au or have attended previously a Yoga Alliance approved yin yoga teacher training. Students should be familiar with the classical yin yoga postures prior to attending this course.
Inspiring books, articles, Ted Talks and podcasts will be shared upon registration!
- Chinese meridians theory review
- Western anatomical mapping of Chinese meridians
- Myofascia meridians& Myofascia release techniques
- The art of leading yin class: storytelling & guided meditation
- Advanced sequencing method
- Infusing yang movements in a yin sequence
- Mandala method
- Qigong and pranayama infusion
- Counter poses for physical and energetic releases
- Savasana adjustment: Thai acupressure short sequence
- Leading Yoga Nidra for full relaxation
- Practical teaching: Group and one-on-one classes
- 8-10AM: Guided Yin Yang practice, pranayama, Qi Gong, meditation
- 10:30-1:00PM: Meridians lecture and group activities
- 1:00-2:00PM: Lunch
- 2:00-4:00PM: Sequencing, savasana massage demo, group sharing
- 4:00-5PM: Led or practice teaching
Annie Au’s Bio
E-RYT 500, advanced yoga educator, writer
A professional nomad and advanced yoga educator, Annie travels and teaches yoga teacher training and workshops in Mexico, France, Canada, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Bali. Annie is trained in various style of yoga including Ashtanga, Rocket, Dharma, and Yin Yoga. With gratitude, she has attended the 500hr & 800hr Life of a Yogi Teacher Training (LOAY) with the legendary Yoga Master Sri Dharma Mittra in New York City. Annie has a deep interest in our intrinsic emotional and spiritual connections with the physical self. In pursuit of this passion, Annie studies in depth the link between Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine. She has then designed a one-of-a-kind transformative teacher training that integrates the wisdom of Yin yoga and the Chinese meridians system. Annie holds a Bachelor Degree in Human Kinetics with a speciality in sport psychology from the University of British Columbia. Annie uses an approachable method when teaching yoga anatomy to help students gain a better understanding of the human body and practice more intelligently. Annie can lead a dynamic class filled with inversions with a duality of restorative and healing yin sequences.
These training courses are Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance.
- PART I 50hr Yin Yoga & Meridians October 2020
Early Bird Rate AED 4300
Regular rate: AED 5600
- PART II 50hr Yin Yoga & Meridians July-August 2020
Early Bird Rate AED 4300
Regular rate: AED 5600
- Full 100hr training including PART 1 & 2: March 2020
Early Bird Rate AED 7,500
Regular rate: AED 8,500
I loved Annie`s style. Inner seed gave me an opportunity to learn more about myself in this training. The heightened level of awareness of what happens within what I learned is the true power of Yin Yoga and I fond the Yin to my natural Yang character.
This training has been educational , fun , relaxing & I didn’t want it to end. Annie is very knowledgeable & a light to the world I am looking forward to the Thai massage & Yoga Nidra ytt in March 2020
Annie is amazing, she helped to to grow a lot as a person & not just as a yoga instructor. She thought us how to practice mindfully while giving the students their space to just be. The acupressure was a bonus ! Thank you Annie for sharing your time & wisdom with us.
I now know that i wanted to be a teacher like Annie even though I didn’t know her yet. She can bring so much lightness into our practice as she can take us deep into self focus where we feel safe to explore and linger. She has so much wisdom and knowledge but yet she is so humble and simple that makes you want to be around her longer.
Annie helped me redfine the concept of teacher. She is so strong and yet so open to her students that I always felt I could speak to her about anything. She has a way of making her teaching so relatable and practical. I have learnt a lot from her, which I am thankful for and hope to attend another course with her in the future.
I fell in love with Yin Yoga in Annie’s classes. She brought my yoga practice to the next level. Annie is a big inspiration for me and I love to learn more from her huge bank of knowledge. I love her sense of humour, creativity and the effective way of teaching complex subjects such as anatomy, Chinese medicine, and philosophy. I will definitely join more trainings with her- she is an amazing and inspiring person!
Annie- Amazing! Thank you for sharing your love and heart with each and every one of us, in Sri Lanka. I loved the 50hr yin yoga training, it was so much more than I ever expected. I feel confident and knowledgeable, ready to share this beautiful practice. You are a strong, authentic, and wonderful teacher. I feel so honored to have learnt from you. Thank you so much!
My yin yoga training with Annie was nothing short of spectacular. I completed her 50hr program in Sri Lanka as part of my 300hr ytt and she totally make me fall in love with the practice of yin. Annie is a naturally gifted teacher and the way she presented the vast amount of knowledge she has on the subject made me eager to learn, excited to get on my, and empowered to share with others. Plus she is so sweet, kind, and understanding in the learning process. I would trust Annie with any training she decides to teach and I highly recommend learning from her if you get the chance!
I have taken the 50hr TT with Annie this past month (Jan-Feb/2018) in Sri Lanka, and I can’t be more grateful for that. A yoga teacher, for me, is more than a person who teaches you asanas or techniques, a yoga teacher is a person who transmits experiences, thoughts, vibrations… and life. Annie is a devoted teacher with tons of knowledge to share and help you grow as a practitioner on and off the mat. Thanks to this, I feel so prepared to be a teacher now! I definitely recommend taking classes and trainings with her. Life changing!